Many people are in relationships with personality disordered individuals and do not know it! For some, the disorder shows up during a break-up. A good example of Borderline behavior was found in the Jodi Arias trial.
I gave this speech to a group of Toastmasters to present my case, you decide!
My name is Cheryl Nielsen
I am going to present a compelling argument to prove Jodi Arias is not Evil but Disordered!
You will be jurors responsible to deliver your verdict if you agree or not.
AT THIS TIME JODI ARIAS HAS BEEN CONVICTED FOR THE BRUTAL CRIME OF KILLING HER BOYFRIEND TRAVIS ALEXANDER IN COLD BLOOD….SHE IS NOW FACING THE DEALTH PENALTY.
- A MENTAL HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL TESTIFIED SHE SUFFERS FROM BPD
- TRAVIS ALEXANDER’S FRIENDS TESTIFIED THAT SHE LOOKS EVIL
I imagine when Jodi Arias came into the world she looked like every other baby
- Eyes of wonder, innocent and pure
- She didn’t want to be a cold blooded killer and do EVIL things
If she isn’t pure EVIL then What happened to her? What created a cold blooded killer in Jody Arias?
WE CAN TURN TO HER (BPD) BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER DIAGNOSIS AND BACK INTO WHAT HAPPED TO JODI ARIAS.
- Research shows infancy and childhood abandonment trauma as the leading cause of BPD
- Inadequate bonding and emotional closeness with a child’s mother or primary care giver
- Traumatic physical or sexual abuse
This results in:
- An underdeveloped psyche without full emotional integration
- trauma can shatter the psyche
- You can loose a sense of yourself
- Permanent emotional deregulation
THIS CAN POTENTIALLY BE SEEN IN THEIR EYES AS AN EMPTINESS THAT OTHERS CAN PERCEIVE AS AN EVIL LOOK.
Here’s the thing: Borderline suffer from ABANDONMENT TRAUMA so they go to great lengths to get their needs met. They have A BIG WHOLE of unmet needs
- Coy, Lie, Jealousy issues, boundary issues, inapropriate behavior.
JODI DID EVERYTHING TO WIN THE LOVE OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER:
- She became a Mormon
- She moved to California to Arizona
- She participated in her sexual fantasies
AT THE END OF DAY she was rejected. This type of abandonment can trigger the original core wound of abandonment and DISTORT EMOTIONS to unbelievable levels. The rage they express can be fueled by the trauma and they can do things they might otherwise not be capable of.
Jodi’s opportunity for a normal life was taken away from her a long time ago. She has lived in an emotional prison in pain, feeling empty, and in constant fear of abandonment.
Jodi Arias is NOT EVIL….SHE”S DISORDERED
MENTAL ILLNESS IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO KILL SOMEONE BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN PRESENTED AS A MITIGATING FACTOR BY HER ATTORNEYS TO HUMANIZE HER. INSTEAD SHE IS PERCEIVED AS PURE EVIL. EVERY PERSON IS RESPONSIBLE TO MANAGE THIER OWN MENTAL HEALTH BEFORE THEY HURT THEMSELVES OR OTHERS.
BUT TODAY, WE ARE MERELY DECIDING IF SHE IS PURE EVIL OR DISORDERED. SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN CONVICTED OF THE CRIME.
An now ladies and gentleman of the jury it is time to render your verdict!
For more information on Borderline Personality Disorder visit www.bpdcentral.com.
No one signs up for a personality disorder, it is usually handed to us genetically or by our caregivers and others. Trauma is often the major contributing factor. It is estimated that one in fifty people suffer from BPD.
Wishing healing for everyone involved.
If you are contemplating a split from a Borderline, please seek the support of a licensed mental healthcare professional.
Of 40 Toastmasters that voted, 38 of 40 believe Jodi Arias is Disordered, not Evil.
It is important to note that people with BPD can get treatment to manage the disorder and live productive and happy lives.